Thursday, May 10, 2007

Brookwood Quarterback DEAD!





You know, this isn't PC but it doesn't make me sad that this kid is dead - he was drunk, driving too fast, and not wearing a seatbelt and to top it off he was 17. It does make me sad, that people are mourning him in spite of all the reasons I mentioned above. In society, we love celebrity and sport stars and its a shame anyone is labeling this a tradgedy. I'm glad in a way he is dead because I am not naive enough to think this was the first time he drank, or even drank and drove, if he would have made it home that night, no doubt, he would have done it again, because after all he is a teenager and therefore invincible. With age comes the knowlege that we are in fact not invinsible and i'm just glad he didn't get the chance to kill someone else. This happens every spring in Georgia and I'm sure it happens in your town too, the prom, graduation, summer are all reasons for these kids to over indulge, sometimes with the parents knowledge and often times with tragic results. DO NOT MOURN DANIEL PEEK! He wasted his life and we are just lucky he did not ruin ours with his careless and reckless actions.

Read more here:
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2007/05/09/0510gwxdanielpeek.html

No comments: