Monday, April 23, 2007

Blackberry 8800



Besides keeping you up on entertainment and the nation, I try to let you know what I think of products I have used and why I like them or dislike them. I picked up the new Blackberry 8800 this weekend, I used to have the 8700. This is the latest offering from RIMM. I loved the 8700 and the 8800 improves on an already exceptional product. If your used to the 8700 it takes a little while to catch on about a day I would say. Gone is the side trackwheel, it is replaced by the center glowing sphere you seen on the middle of the device. It takes a little while to get used to the touch and force to move from icon to icon. Email setup is even easier and can now be completed right on the phone itself. Sound quality on audio is good and video while not spectaclar is ok. You can now read most if not all attachments in excel and word. The device is noticably smaller and thinner but not at the expense of anything. Price with the two year agreement and $50.00 rebate will run you about $325.00 after tax. I rate the device very favorably. I tend to keep my phones 18-24 months so it works out to $15 to $20 a month for the device. I highly recommend the 8800 and if you looking for something with great quality and many of the same features the 8700 is still sold and costs about a $100 less. Two thumbs up to the Blackberry 8800!

No comments: