Friday, February 8, 2008

Don JULIO Anejo TEQUILA


So, I used to do it all the time but I have not reviewed spirits in awhile. Don Julio Anejo is one of the finest tequila's I have tasted. Less like a cheap tequila that you would use in a margarita, this is more like a fine scotch or bourbon. It too as cask aged in old chardonnay casks. This is the tequila that you'll look forward to coming home to, opening up, and pouring in a scotch glass and just spending an hour sipping on it. I personally don't do ice with good spirits but some people will tell you it actually opens them up, so use your own personal discretion.
I personally find it to be very, I would even go so far as to say ulta smooth with a nice suble sweetness.
Pick up a bottle this weekend, you'll be glad you did.
And if you can't resist using it for a margarita. PLEASE don't make some frozen crap with it!!
Take a shot of tequila along with ice, the squeeze of half a lime, a shot of triple sec and shake it in your shaker, garnish with a lime wedge. That's the perfect margarita my friends!!

No comments: